Include at least 6 detailed note cards on each category:
1. Physical Characteristics
2. Impact on society & why it's important
4. How it is made
Limitations to consider
- What is the cost to make it?
- Is there enough natural resources to continue to make / use it?
- Does it decompose?
- Does it have an impact on the enviornment?
- Are there non uses for it? (What CAN'T be done with it?)
Assignment & Calendar
Task: Your assignment is to research a synthetic material and make it the
Synthetic Superhero of the Year!
Show its strength and power Comic Book Style!
Friday, 1/6--Research--finish research for homework
Monday, 1/9--Create Superhero in . Snip & save picture as a jpeg and save in network. Upload picture to Google Drive.
Tuesday, 1/10--Work in Comic Book.
Wednesday, 1/11--Continue Comic Book.
Thursday, 1/12--Finish Comic Book, copy comic pages in to Google Drive, submit link in Edmodo.
1. I can gather and evaluate information to descibe how syntheitc materials come from natural resources.
2. I can evaluate how synthetic materials impact human society.
3. I can identify and describe physical characteristics of synthetic materials.
4. I can research information and summarize it in my own words.
5. I can use and cite sources in Noodle Tools.
6. I can apply technology to my learning in a new way.
Resources & Samples
This project was originally created at Pleasant Ridge Middle school by Ms. Kelly Utley and 8th grade science teachers. Use the link below for resources and samples. THANK YOU to PRMS for sharing your ideas.
McDaniel: How to turn in your Comic Strip
Farris: How to turn in your Comic Strip